Friday, March 5, 2010

Orange, rockets and raisin salad with orange vinaigrette

I can't recall where I got this recipe from either, again will update post with link once I find it.

Ingredients

1/4 cup juice of an orange
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp Dijon-style prepared mustard
2 tbsp honey
1/8 tspn cracked black pepper

Directions

  1. Add all ingredients into a glass jar, screw lid on tight and shake til ingredients are well mixed
  2. Servce with salad
My Changes

I realised after buying the vinegar that it has wine.
So I put regular white vinegar but not as much as the recipe required (worried the taste will change too much).


I should have put in toasted walnuts (oil in pan, toast walnust but not too long, crush it or leave as is).
But the walnuts costs RM25 so I'll ask Bonda to get when she next goes to the groceries. I added raisins instead to give it a sweeter flavour.

Results

Nice mix - bitter salad, sweet and tangy orange, sweet raisins.
Next time, must also make sure no pulp in vinaigrette, just the juice.
Didn't really measure the pepper, but 3 turns of the thingie was all I put inside.
Initially the vinegar taste was strong, so I added in just a bit more honey (less than 1 tspn).
After leaving it for a while, the tastes mixed well and the vinegar  taste wasn't all that powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment