Friday, March 5, 2010

Grilled Chicken with BBQ sauce and honey

I tried this yums recipe today, but can't recall where I got the recipe from! Sorry!!
Once I can find the link in my history, I'll update this post to include the link.

Ingredients

4 chicken breast fillets
1/3 cup barbeque sauce
1 tbsp honey
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 garlic cloves crushed
2 tspn fresh ginger, grated

Directions

  1. Combine all ingredients, add in fillets and coat well with marinate.
  2. Cover and leave to marinate for 3 hours or overnight.
  3. Oil grill pan then fry 5 minutes each side (longer if using larger breasts).
  4. Brush occasionally with marinade while grilling

My Changes

Used drumsticks instead of breast fillets.

Future changes

Will add bit more honey and bbq sauce.
The ginger taste was strongest but not overly strong.
Probably cuz I went and squeezed out the juice into the marinate first before putting the ginger in.

Result

Yuuuuummmmsss!!!
Bunny says tastes nice; Bonda said chicken wasn't fully cooked...hee hee.
The marinate became sticky while grilling, so I just made sure to scrape off the ones on the griller so that it didn't get smoky.
I basted enough but next time maybe more often...?
As mentioned, the strongest ingredient I can taste was the ginger, not so much the BBQ sauce or honey but that's good too, cuz don't really want it overly sweet and tangy.

Served it chicken with rockets, oranges and raisins with orange vinagrette (recipe in next post).
It was quite nice, I think cuz the vinaigrette was not sweet and the vinegar taste wasn't overpowering.
The rockets didn't taste overly bitter cuz of the vinaigrette and oranges (tangy) and raisins (sweet).

There's some add marinate so I'm adding those extra tspb/tbsp of BBQ sauce and honey and will marinate other chicken for grilling tomorrow, see how the taste differs.

No comments:

Post a Comment